Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Howard Reddington Jr.

My Pappaw (Grandpa) passed away a few years ago, he was part of the 78th infantry during World War II.
I am still not over the fact of losing him, but i have realized that going through his history, who he was, and what he did before i came into the world (many years later)... its just.. well, its helped me feel a little bit closer to him. He's always been a stand up guy, who would help anyone who needed it, i do have a few things to read and learn about him via his letters home from that time; but, i was wondering if anyone here had information or anything of the sort about him.

Howard Reddington Jr.
78th Infantry - K Company
Position: Cook

Camp Pickett - 04/1944 - 09/1944
Camp Kilmer - NJ shipped out to Germany/France/Luxembourg?

Thanks for taking the time, to anyone that replies.

A girl who misses her Pappaw,

Meg-

Email  
Re: Howard Reddington Jr.

You can view a PDF copy of the 309th Infantry Regiment 'Diehard'[your grandfathers Regiment] here:

http://www.78thdivision.org/X-Drive/309th/Diehard%20-%20%20History%20of%20the%20309th%20Infantry%20Regiment.pdf

Your location (optional): Ohio

Email  
Re: Howard Reddington Jr.

Thanks, I've got his book from then. Just wondering if anyone had relatives that knew of him.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com