Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Joseph J Halter PFC C-company 1st battalion 311th infantry regiment 78th infantry division

I recently adopted the grave of PFC Joseph Halter at the American Military Cemetery at Margraten in the Netherlands. I don't have much information about Joseph Halter and ask you if you can help me to get more.
I know that PFC Halter was killed on January 17th, 1945.
The after action report of that day mentions that two soldiers died with the recapturing of an observation post, but it doesn't say who these soldiers were. Was PFC Halter one of them?
Would be great if anyone could bring me in contact with his family. Joseph was born in Union County, New Jersey in the year 1926
Also a photo would be great too. Once a year the cemetery posts photos of the soldiers that are killed. Many thousands of the graves get a 'face' this way, but there is no photo of Joseph Halter yet. I think he deserves a photo too

Thank you for any help and/or information

Your location (optional): the Netherlands

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com