Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
New Book on 78th Dvision/311th regiment

This week a new narrative nonfiction book about the Second World War was released. WHEN ETERNITIES MET is now available through several retail sources. E.g.: https://www.amazon.com/When-Eternities-Met-terror-disremembered/dp/099806260X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1484833059&sr=1-2

WHEN ETERNITIES MET includes tales of the 78th Infantry Division (in particular the 311th regiment) from its days of departure from NY harbor and arrival at the front in December 1944 through the crossing of the Rhine at Remagen.

Research for the book began in the early part of the last decade, in part through contacts made via this invaluable forum, including with some of the veterans then still with us.

Bless 'em all.

M. B. Rohde

Your location (optional): Maryland

Re: New Book on 78th Dvision/311th regiment

Matt -- Jimmy Stamos sent out a group email raving about your book. That aroused my curiosity. Quick googling further aroused it; sounds like you've had some interesting experiences. I don't know if this will reach you, but if it does and if you want to catch up, email me at don.scherer@gmail.com. Best wishes. Don

Your location (optional): CA

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools