Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Cpl Daniel E Bellinger

My grandpa, Dan Bellinger served in the 78th. I'm trying to find out more information about what unit he served in.

I know he was wounded at the Remagen bridgehead, but that's about all I know. We have tried going through the Army Records and have a PDF of his final paystub, but no listing of what unit, all other records have been lost.

Would anybody know of any other ways I could dig to find information?

Thanks.

Email  
Re: Cpl Daniel E Bellinger

Go to the county court house in his county of residence when he was discharged. Most of the WWII veterans were told to file a copy of their discharge with the probate court. If he did, a copy should be there for you to obtain. This will list his unit identity at the time of discharge as well as awards authorized.

His obituary listed his membership in 3 veteran organizations in Flint, MI. Check with each ones record keeper. He may have provided an outline of his military service and/or a copy of his discharge.

Your location (optional): Ohio

Email  
Re: Cpl Daniel E Bellinger

Thanks! I appreciate your help!

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains