The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mystery Movie question

This is slightly off topic, but thought this was the best place to ask. I looked up NBC Mystery Movie on Wikipedia and it says that the pilots for The Rockford Files and Kojak were aired as one-off Mystery Movies. I don't think that this is correct. Firstly, Kojak was a CBS series (though that doesn't necessarily make the article incorrect). Secondly, I thought that all the Mystery Movies featured one of its rotating characters and that there weren't any one-time characters.
Before I go and change the article, can someone say for sure that it is incorrect and that my suspicions are correct? Many thanks.

Re: Mystery Movie question

steve as far as i know, and i'm pretty darn sure of this, the rockford files and kojak were series onto their own, just as you have said.
i disagree with the wikipedia entry......but that wouldn't be the first time. that place is notorious for unsubstantiated 'facts'.
if i were you...i would go 'edit' it away! good luck!!

Re: Mystery Movie question

The NBC Mystery Movie series of the 70s comprised (in rotation): Columbo. McCloud and McMillan and Wife (the most succesful ones) and also Madigan, Banacek, Hec Ramsey, Cool Million, Faraday and Company, The Snoop Sisters, McCoy, Amy Presntiss and Tenafly

The first 4 Quincy stories in 1976 were also placed in the strand before the series was given a standalone status

Re: Re: Mystery Movie question

Thanks Paul
You've just answered my question, I was trying to remember the name of the detective.The actor we see now in repeats of Perry Mason.His role is Lt Brock,I forget his real name.He was of course Tenafly, and if memory serves it didn't do to well?

Re: Re: Re: Mystery Movie question

Only 4 installments of "Firefly" AFAIK

"The Cash and Carry Caper"
"Joyride to Nowhere"
"Man Running"
"The Window That Wasn't"

Mind you only 3 "Amy Prentiss" stories it seems.

Most of these Mystery Movie series began with an earlier pilot like Columbo (Prescription Murder), but not all.

oops ..

Tenafly of course!

Re: Re: Mystery Movie question

What about Ironside or was this series seperate, and not titled mystery movie ?

Re: Re: Re: Mystery Movie question

Ironside was a separate series, not part of Mystery Movie.