The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An early Xmas present: the original Columbo typefont - if anyone wants it

Hi everyone - haven't posted here for ages. A few years back, I stated I was re-creating a digital version of the Original 1970s Columbo main title font. I eventually produced an effort which turned out to be quite inaccurate and gave up on it; after which, my system crashed and I lost all the data. Now, at last, I recently completed a totally faithful rendition of the lovely, bold, yellow-gold lettering featured on all the Columbo episodes, as well as McCloud, McMillan & Wife, and Banacek. Cut and paste the following link to see a sample image:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4830/columbofontsamplefi8.jpg

If there are other typeface geeks like me out there, and if there is enough positive feedback and demand, I will gladly post the download link so everyone here can download this totally workable ttf font file absolutely free for their own pleasure and amusement. It's not available anywhere else and I'd love to hear any and all comments. Hope you like it. Steviebaby.

Re: An early Xmas present: the original Columbo typefont - if anyone wants it

hi, welcome back
you did a nice job on this.
but i do have a question....what exactly does one do with these? i'm a little confused.

That looks great. I'd love to have this font please
Its a real pain cutting words from screen shots while trying to make wallpapers.

Cass, these are fonts you can install in windows and use in various applications. You'd be able to type using a Columbo font

WD

Oooo you spelled John's name wrong.

Oh boy.

thanks so very much welshie! and if i ever want to use them you KNOW i'll be coming to you for help!!

YES frank he did indeed spell john cassavetes' name wrong. and if my memory serves me correctly, he spelled it wrong the last time he posted it a while back.......shame shame!

(just teasing you a little steviebaby )

He stevie', thanks for your generous offer! (My email address should be visible from the mailbox link). I know it was a lot of work to recreate this font so authentically, and you did a great job.

Re: Re: An early Xmas present: the original Columbo typefont - if anyone wants it

Kerumbo!!!???

Oh, well, I'm "Jomer" so what can I say?

Joe

Great work Steviebaby, it looks terrific -- I too would love the font.

Thanks a lot & best wishes.

joe thomas said...

"Kerumbo!!!???"

i've always liked ted's address name.

My sister came up with "kerumbo" -- as the name of a Photoshop image that had my head on Columbo's body. It's not a nickname for me -- I mean, nobody calls me Kerumbo, and I never call myself that -- but I enjoy it as an online monicker and find it unique, so far. I recently bought the domain www.kerumbo.com , as a place to keep my old Christmas card cartoons.

Jomer -- good one!