The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: The Original Columbo Typefont - Download Link

glad you liked it, Ted. Hey, how do you post a pic inside a message??? Check out my earlier attempt; the code seems right but no image. Help!!

Re: The Original Columbo Typefont - Download Link

To create a "hot link" to an existing web page: let's say the web address is http://url.com, and that you want to create a "hot link" that says "Here is the site", so folks can click on those words and get to the web page. I'll have to show you here by by describing the first 2 characters, without actually typing the first character, but you would actually type all of this right together on the same line.

first, type the symbol above the comma on your keyboard, followed by the letter a (I can't actually type it in the instructions, or it would mess up the display), then right after the a, type

href="http://url.com">"Here is the site"

then, again type the character above the comma on your keyboard, followed by

/a>

Here's how that works for the web site you were pointing us to (try clicking on the words):

---

Here is the site

Once you have successfully created one of these links, you might want to keep it on a handy text document, so you can re-use it later, changing just the web address and the words you want to see displayed.

But if you just want to insert an image, the easiest method (which I learned from someone here) is to get a free account at photobucket.com and upload the picture there.

Once you bring up the image in a Photobucket album, you just click under the image on the words "HTML Code," which will automatically copy the code to your clipboard. Then, in your Fan Forum message, paste it in. You can use "Preview Message" to make sure the magic works. And remember, I'm trusting all of you folks to use this knowledge for good, not for evil.

To insert the image above I used this code

You must make sure that the web address for your image is in between the 2 quotation marks as as highlighted by the red box.

Hope this helps

WD

oh welshie!!! you KNOW i love that one!!!

Hey welsh...thanks for the image code info. Here's the pictorial thank you I was gonna post last night when you thanked me for the font download link.

Thank you very much for that! That's very cool!