The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Props from the show

I would certainly like to have one of the original "Hayward - His Own Man" posters from Candidiate For Crime. There are a bunch of other items (notably, one of the actual, original notebooks that Columbo carried) it would be great to have. Has anyone who reads this obtained or would know how to obtain genuine items and props from the show??

Re: Props from the show

i have seen items on ebay that are listed as props from "Columbo." however, they were never anything that i recognized or that seemed to have any significant role in the episodes. just an ashtray or a lamp or something, and you seem to have to take their word that it actually appeared in one of the episodes.

I do have a campaign button and a sort of backstage pass (worn around the neck, in the final scene, by all the extras who played the candidate's "insiders"), although not from "Candidate For Crime" -- it's from the later "Agenda For Murder", another "evil politician" episode, and one of the better ABC Columbo movies in my opinion.

AgendaProps

I got these 7 or 8 years ago on Ebay -- but, as Laura says, more recent listings of alleged "Columbo" props have been very generic items.

I did recently see an offering (not on Ebay) for the "Civil War action figure" of Columbo himself, seen during the closing credits of "Grand Deceptions" -- was it linked here in the Forum? It's said to be one of only 3 that were created, and the asking price, as I recall, is about a thousand bucks. I happen to know the provenance and the seller of that item, and it's a genuine piece of Columbo history -- for somebody with enough cash. But I agree it would be great to see relatively unique or recognizable, yet still affordable "Columbo" items for sale.

OK, now I remember where I saw the message about the "Grand Deceptions " prop -- the figure of Columbo, which appears magically among the general's Civil War figures during the closing credits.

It's advertised in this site's "Classified Ads". And the cost is not $1,000, but $2,000. (But hey, that's with free shipping!)

Columbo Figure

cool stuff ted!!