The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Just One More Thing...": Columbo producer Everett Chambers This Week on TV CONFIDENTIAL

Emmy-nominated producer Everett Chambers will be our special guest this week on TV CONFIDENTIAL, Tuesday, June 16, beginning at 10pm ET, 7pm PT on Share-a-Vision Radio, KSAV.org.

Among his many credits in television, Everett Chambers produced the original Columbo during four of its seven seasons on NBC (1971-1978), including three of the last four seasons (1974-1977). The episodes he produced include such early classics as “Dead Weight” with Suzanne Pleshette, as well as such standouts as “Now You See Him” (with Jack Cassidy), “Forgotten Lady” (with Janet Leigh), and all three episodes starring and/or directed by Patrick McGoohan (“Identity Crisis,” “Last Salute to the Commodore” and the Emmy-winning “By Dawn’s Early Light”). A former film and television actor before moving behind the camera, Everett Chambers also produced such classic series as Johnny Staccato (NBC, 1959-1960), the nourish private eye series starring Peter Falk’s longtime friend and cohort, John Cassavetes.

If you’re a fan of the NBC Columbo, if you have questions or comments about these or other episodes from the original series, we invite you to join us this Tuesday, June 16 beginning at 10pm ET, 7pm PT on Share-a-Vision Radio, KSAV.org. Phone number, as always, is (800) 407-KSAV (5728). You can also email a question or comment in advance by sending it to talk@tvconfidential.net.

Ed Robertson
Co-Host, TV CONFIDENTIAL
Every other Tuesday at 10pm ET, 7pm PT
Share-a-Vision Radio, KSAV.org
www.tvconfidential.net
blog.tvconfidential.net
Also available as a podcast via iTunes and FeedBurner

Re: "Just One More Thing...": Columbo producer Everett Chambers This Week on TV CONFIDENTIAL

I'm so in!

Re: "Just One More Thing...": Columbo producer Everett Chambers This Week on TV CONFIDENTIAL

Yes, that sounds exciting.

I'm sorry if my question sounds stupid, but does anyone know if some kinds of questions are more likely to be successful than others? Thank you.

Noll...

There is no such thing as a stupid question, so don't worry about that. As a rule, though, I can tell you that for purposes of live radio, the more general the question or comment, the better. For example, I can tell you from speaking with Everett this afternoon that one of the areas he oversaw on Columbo was the casting of his episodes. So if you were to ask "How did you come to cast Dick Van Dyke" or "I thought Jack Cassidy as a stage magician was a terrific idea, is there a story behind that?" those are both good general questions.

Thanks for your interest, and I hope you'll have a chance to call or tune in. All best,

Ed Robertson
Co-Host, TV CONFIDENTIAL
Every other Tuesday at 10pm ET, 7pm PT
Share-a-Vision Radio, KSAV.org
www.tvconfidential.net
blog.tvconfidential.net
Also available as a podcast via iTunes and FeedBurner

For those of us that will be unable to tune in for one reason or another, will a transcript be posted online somewhere?

Verdammt
For those of us that will be unable to tune in for one reason or another, will a transcript be posted online somewhere?

You'd be able to download it later, as a podcast, then listen to it on your computer (or, of course, on an ipod).

Thanks Ted.

Who's going to phone in?

It starts!!!

A memorable experience. I am thankful that they gave me time and a pleasure to be a part of the show.

You did very well, David. I was happy to hear you.

wish the host was more articulate- he stammered and stuttered and answered his own questions before letting the guest talk! Maybe he was under the weather.

But I still enjoyed the little we got about COLUMBO.

Loved the stories on Mcgoohan (originally cast the part for Ed Asner!!??)!

Well, I thought Ed was just a little bit intimidated, and I can understand that. Wasn't it cute?
But the show was just too short!!! I want to know more about Identity Crisis and The Last Salute. I feel somewhat frustrated right now, although many interesting things were said.
I would be so glad if I were able to contact Everett.

Hello -- I wondered if anyone still has this interview as an MP3?

We're going back 11 years I realise, but I'd love to hear it and I can't see it on the TV Confidential site.

Thanks.