The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Actors you would like to see/ would have liked to see in Columbo

Robert di Nero could be good?

Hello all: I would have loved to see Diana Rigg do a "Columbo" murderess. Perhaps teamed with Patrick MacNee in "Dagger of the Mind". Another of my British favorites is Roger Moore. I would have enjoyed seeing him duel with Peter. Michael Douglas might have been fun, also. Best regards, Chris. p.s. I forgot Val Kilmer.

The Chaplin sisters Kathleen, Carmen and Dolores as part of a family of either the victim or murderer.

Been watching "The Fugitive" lately. David Janssen would have been fantastic as a murderer Columbo went up against. Of course, Janssen's "Columbo" killer would have insisted, "A one-legged man did it."

Also, Peter Graves would have been really cool to see take on Columbo. And in the last moment, just when Columbo nails him, Columbo would say to the murderer, "I'm sorry sir, you've just been disavowed."

i think david janssen would have made a great murderer also. there was always a quiet mystery about him.
and yes, in a weird distorted way, columbo's villain would have said that only a 'one legged man' did it, just as columbo had said that only a deaf man could have committed the murder in 'the most dangerous match'.

loved peter graves....and yet there was another passing this week of john forsythe. he was 92, God bless him.
i think of his gentlemanly, and gracious ways, and i think he could have possibly been one of columbo's most difficult challenges. he would have finessed columbo so much...especially with that delicious voice of his.