The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Worst episode

Well on the subject of EYE CANDY in Columbo (at least for the guys), I never grow tired of Gretchen Corbett in a pretty sexy bikini for the 70's, in Exercise in Fatality!

^ agreed. and i think lots of the ladies of columbo are eye candy. i may be a straight woman, but i still find them lovely to look at.

The trifecta for me are (1) Barbara-"Identity Crisis" (2) Gretchen (3) Janet Leigh-"Forgotten Lady" for that opening scene in the goddess-like gown.

oh eric, i'm so happy you included janet leigh..she was stunning in that white goddess gown...she wears that beautiful creation wonderfully..and it doesn't wear her.

another i always loved (and have mentioned a thousand times here) was anne baxter. wow! she was a mature woman also, but her figure was gorgeous. all her outfits in requiem for a falling star were magnificent, and they emphasized that great figure of her's.

then there is joanna cameron/lorna mcgrath in negative reaction. what a little sexy/cutie.

and then there is ruth gordon, who.....ok...i better stop.

thedollyllama

Identity Crisis--I need a flowchart to follow what the hell is going on. Every time I watch it, at some point, I stop caring. They got their spy movie in my Columbo, and those are two tastes that taste like poo together. All I can even remember is that there's a cigarette machine in it, which perhaps was indeed the most memorable role in the whole episode. I think it won a Golden Globe, in fact.

hell, as my italian family has always said..'SAUS-EEGE' his own...meaning, to each their own.

but you should really take another look at this episode, dolly. give it the attention it deserves.

sure, it's a bit involved and one of the more complex plots on columbo, but it has its merit, and then some.

to reduce it to a cigarette machine being the best performance, is a bit harsh. i know that's your opinion, but come on, llama.
there is so much more there.

it's the discoverrrrry of americaaaa! you gotta get caught-in just from that line alone. and the maaah jong that peter utters at the end! my son says that to me all the time.

but really, give this one another chance. sure, it's complicated, and there is that spy and espionage aspect that really doesn't belong in a columbo episode, but dam, it really is a cool episode.

it took me a good long time to discover all the nuances of the episode, and i've still not found them all.
there was a poster here named 'abigail_mitchell' who disected it and had some really wonderful insightful things to say about it...and i found it fascinating.

watch it a few more times and get back to us. ..i'd love to hear more of your thoughts.

Hello all: Love this thread! Interesting to think about the weakest entries in a well-written series. For the record, I can't put "Identity Crisis" in here, because of McGoohan's performance, and his interaction with Falk. "Commodore" is saved by the format change, and the Robert Vaughn twist (he is innocent). I'm also not counting the ABC "rebirth", since there are too many sub-par stories. I will have to reread the "Phile", and watch some more, before I add my official entry. Keep this going! Best regards, Chris.