The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Johnny Staccato, brilliant but canceled, Bravo network, ping Cass

Patrick McGoohan is usually remembered first for The Prisoner partly because it was so unusual, and caused such an uproar at the time. It certainly makes viewers think more and is remembered far more than Danger Man, but I love Danger Man too. I think if you enjoy Johnny Staccato you would almost certainly enjoy Danger Man too, so give it a try if you can find it, Cassa.

well, gregg, i tried, but i couldn't find 'danger man' on imdb or hulu.
BUT i did find some stuff on youtube. i LOVE the theme music! it was just wonderful, just like the music from 'johnny staccato'. so jazzy!
there's a few more on youtube that i want to check out. they're not full episodes but they'll give me the flavor of the show, which i can already see is so much like the staccato series.
thanks for hooking me up with this.
and of course patrick mcgoohan was 'the bomb' once again!

Sorry you couldn't find any full episodes, Cassa. I'm sure you would love them. I'm glad you managed to see a few and bits and pieces of it at least. Both Johnny and Patrick have such a marvelous coolness (if that's a word !) about them which is very much of it's time, but is also, somehow, timeless. They just don't make shows like that anymore. Or actors for that matter. Both McGoohan and Cassavetes had such integrity. They both were more interested in making films/shows in their own unique way, rather than becoming superstars and simply gaining money or fame. And I love the theme music too.

gregg, i can't add to anything you said...you captured it all so wonderfully.

(and 'coolness' is indeed a word. )