The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo Episode where he visits a Cadillac Dealer

Greetings,

This has been driving me crazy. Can anybody recall the episode where Columbo had to visit a Cadillac dealership as part of his investigation?

Thanks for help!

Re: Columbo Episode where he visits a Cadillac Dealer

i'm drawing a bit of a blank but i believe it was in 'the conspirators' and the guy at the dealership says he wants to buy columbo's car.......i think.

nope, i was wrong. the guy i was thinking about in 'the conspirators' was selling motor homes.

now this is going to be driving me crazy too!

it could be 'a friend in deed'. i'm going to check.

ok, it IS from 'a friend in deed'. the salesman's name is charlie shoup, and he was having an affair with hugh caldwell's wife, janice.
there were some cool looking caddies on that lot.

now i can sleep tonight.

Well thanks for all of your work. I have already pulled the DVD and it is on tonights watch list. I was just in Downtown LA and thought of that episode and had to see it.

Thank you so much!

you're very welcome.
as i said, it was starting to drive me crazy as well.

enjoy your evening of viewing.

Yeah, good call ... It was A Friend Indeed ... and a memorable scene.

I would loved to have been of age in that era having missed the chance to buy one of those beasts new off the lot myself. Many people considered those the gaudy years for Cadillac, but they were big beautiful cars.

Photobucket
Photobucket

“Lieutenant, I’ll give you eighty dollars for it in a trade.”
Photobucket

bill, it figures you would find the appropriate photos to accompany this thread...good job.

and yes, those caddies were really beautiful...i like to call them boats on wheels.
my grandfather always bought black cadillacs, and the ones he had in the 60's were really terrific looking. i loved the enormous fins on them.

a friend in deed is one of the best, complicated episodes I think. there was a lot too it. It was really good!

I'm a total car guy, particularly the old American luxury makes. I love this one with all the 73 Caddy's on the lot. This episode was aired on May 5, 1974 but most have been filmed sometimes late in 1973. They picked a very handsome salesman to play the boyfriend.I like the way he looks at the watch she probably bought him as he talks to Columbo, and his offer to give Columbo, I think 100 bucks on the trade, is great.