The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Columbo action figure

Hi guys, first post here. I'm a fan of columbo :) Watched some of the episodes when i was little, and then about 2 years ago i've bought season 1-7 boxset and i like him even more. Lt is great :D

I like 1/6 scale action figures, i have a few and i've always wanted a columbo figure. And now i finally have him, hope you guys like the pics :)

Here he is, soon with an overcoat and cigar

I worry. I mean, little things bother me. I'm a worrier. I mean, little insignificant details - I lose my appetite. I can't eat. My wife, she says to me, "you know, you can really be pain".

Ah, one more thing, sir. I almost forgot. One more thing that I wanted to check on. Uh, probably not important...

Re: Columbo action figure

You're right. You've never used that name before. The only thing your doll is missing is the raincoat, but maybe you can make it one when you're less hooked up on something?

That's a good likeness

L.C., for what it's worth, Veizure's IP address has never been used before, under any other name, in the recorded history of this Forum. Ditto as to any other IP address with the same first 6 digits.

Thanks cassa, i've already bought the coat from HK, hope i'll have it by next week :D

Ted, ah, so that's what LC was thinking, that i was a clone or something? Why? There was another dude that was posting pictures of his columbo figure or what

please be sure to post pics when you get the coat. we'd really like to see them.

and don't worry about L.C.
he does that all the time, every time there is a new person posting here, he always accuses them of posting here before, under a different name. the ironic thing is, he himself uses a different name each time he makes these posts.

Great news, everyone :D Coat is here. Also, i've added some gloss to the eyes, what a pain in the butt for someone like me who never did something even remotely simillar, but i feel it was worth it, he looks better :) Now all i need to do is complete the badge :)

Without further ado:

There are a couple of loose ends I'd like to tie up. Nothing important you understand.

That is absolutely the best!! Permit me to say though that the only flaw I am seeing is the shoes, way too clean, way too black. Other than that, he is perfect. I'd love to have one myself!

Great job sir!

That is so cool! so maybe im blind but no one asked where you got that figure. Id like to get that too for the office. Can you tell me where I can get it?

Thanks!

Ferris, thanks, i've seen your imdb comment too :), i know about the shoes my good man :), i'll se what i can do, either weather those or get some brown ones. Also i need a cigar, that's tricky :D

Adam, thanks man :) Well, head sculpt is bought from a sculptor from Mexico, after a year and a half of him being on and off the project. But we finally did it, and he sent me his painted head that you see in the first post. In the latest pics, i've darkened his eyes a bit and maked them glossy.

The rest of the figure (body, coat, pants, stand) is from ebay (mostly from hong kong sellers). The shirt and tie are from Hot Toys DX Joker.

Thank you very much for your comments. Now he's in the living room in a Detolf shelf with led lightning, he looks amazing I'll post pics if you want to see him in his current habbitat

You may very well have to give me the info on that sculpture in Mexico so I can start the process of making myself a figure also. While it may have been a long drawn out ordeal with him, his work on Peter Falk's face is amazing. Your added gloss to his eyes just brought it all together, sort of added that signature sparkle in Columbo's eye I think.

The best alternative for shoes I'm finding are the ones on "The Dark Knight" Joker:

You may have the darken them a little, and the that side doesn't exactly fit, but right in every other way.

Here's some that are close:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TB75-02-1-6-Scale-Dark-Brown-Gloosy-Shoes-HOT-TOYS-CITY-/270626183320?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0293d898

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-scale-ACI-ACI-726-Dress-Shoes-Brown-/260679334962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb1b2fc32

Your figure has really intrigued, and highly interested me. I am getting very serious about building myself one as well.

im gonna make one too but ill be sure to not have columbo suspended by his privates. poor peter.

poor peter's peter

Peter, his privates aren't touched :D The stand is just standard in the 1/6 world, keeps the figure from falling.

Ferris, i'm really glad you like my columbo I'll give you an email with how you can contact the sculptor. He really is great and a cool person and now he's back into sculpting

I'm happy you like the eyes, they're so tiny and spent so much time cussing my trembling hands I'm also happy i've darkened them a bit before glossing.

Regarding the shoes, i actually have the hot toys dx joker, and so i already have those shoes But they're a little bigger and more clown-like (joker was a crazy clown ) and i don't fit they'll suit columbo. About those other shoes, i already have my eyes on the ACI ones, they look right. What do you think about these?

Now that you mention it, I see what you are talking about with the Joker shoes.

Those ones you posted look like they'd be perfect after a little work. Cut them down a little, rough'em up.

BTW, thanks for that info!

Yeah np, glad to see you there :)

Today i'll finish the badge, i'll post pics when it's done

Finally completed the badge :)

And here's a close-up of the eyes:

haha I love it! thats great!

i think you've done a marvelous job on his eyes!
well done indeed....i can see the liquid...even in his beloved glass eye....
kudos to you!

Yes, the eyes are incredible (well, the whole head is). But my personal favorite detail, is the scar, or dent, on his right temple. Well done!

Many thanks you guys, it's really flattering to me

And here is Columbo investigating the joker

There must something wrong with me. I seem to bother people. I seem to make them nervous and maybe you could tell me why.

I stepped into some water yesterday and ruined mine. You don't know where I could find a pair that looks like that for around 16 or 17 dollars?

I saw this today. My hat's off to you!

he seems a bit more happier now.

nice job!

Are you likely to be selling this as I am interested but haven't found one? Thanks

THAT IS A WONDERFUL FIGURE! HOW MUCH? DID YOU MAKE IT? WHERE DID YOU GET THE HEAD? It's perfect!

viezure
Great news, everyone :D Coat is here. Also, i've added some gloss to the eyes, what a pain in the butt for someone like me who never did something even remotely simillar, but i feel it was worth it, he looks better :) Now all i need to do is complete the badge :)

Without further ado:

There are a couple of loose ends I'd like to tie up. Nothing important you understand.

The best one I've seen, by far! Thanks for posting the pics.

No problem and thanks, can't wait to get the coat :)

Wow -- I'd love to have something like that at my office. I've turned several of the 'kids' there onto Columbo.

You got me curious, so I went Googling. Found a James Bond action figure trench coat that could easily pass for Columbo coat. It's vintage, but only $11. You can find it at http://www.astronomy-pictures.net/telescopes/Vintage-James-Bond-Doll-Trench-Coat-A-C-Gilbert-Co_170595180702.html.

Thanks for that. Problem is, i don't know the size and can't risk buying it and not fit. I already got my eyes on one, it's about 30$ but i'm going for quality for my columbo :)

very cool, viezure.

i'm really interested in the likeness...and i think it's done quite well.

congratulations on your acquirement! and happy shopping days to find that raincoat.........i see you on imdb, so i know what you're dealing with.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M A CELEBRITY DOLL COLLEECTOR & AN AVID PETER FALK (COLUMBO FAN) ! WHER CAN I
PURCHSE AN AFFORDIBLE DOLL LIKE YOURS? I'VE SEARCHED THE ENTIRE INTERNET & HAVE
ONLY FOUND A SCANT FEW THAT WERE SELLING FOR HUMONGOUS PRICES.......
SINCERELY, B.J. CIRELL

By challenging the project’s premise, they determined the root issue and created a solution that works company-wide. With communication and customer dedication they addressed the project as a cohesive team. marketing and branding companies