The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Star Trek-Columbo connection

OK, here's an off-the-wall topic: How many connections can you think of between Columbo and Star Trek?

There were the obvious ones: William Shatner (Captain Kirk) appearing in "Butterflies in Shades of Gray" and in "Fade In to Murder" and Leonard Nimoy (Mr. Spock) appeared in "A Stitch in Crime." You might also count Kate Mulgrew ("Mrs. Columbo" and Captain Janeway in Star Trek Voyager).

Nehemiah Persoff, Jesse Jerome in "Now You See Him," was the character Toff in an episode of Star Trek Next Generation.

Spencer Garrett, Verity Chandler's secretary in "Ashes to Ashes," was crewman Simon Tarses in an episode of Star Trek Next Generation.

Richard Riehle, Sergeant Degarmo in "Ashes to Ashes" as well as "Murder With Too Many Notes," was the character Batai in an episode of Star Trek Next Generation and Seamus Driscol in two episodes of Star Trek Voyager.

Can anyone find others?

Re: The Star Trek-Columbo connection

The obvious one not mentioned would be Walter Koenig appearing in Shatner's "Fade Into Murder".

And confining this to classic Trek guest stars who were on Columbo add these names.

James Gregory (Trek-"Dagger Of The Mind" and then two Columbo episodes, "Short Fuse" and "The Most Dangerous Game")

Sandra Smith (Trek-"Turnabout Intruder" and Columbo-"The Greenhouse Jungle")

France Nuyen (Trek-"Elaan Of Troyius" and Columbo-"Murder Under Glass")

Barbara Baldavin (Three Trek episodes, "Balance Of Terror", "Shore Leave" and "Turnabout Intruder" and then on Columbo, "Death Lends A Hand" as Brimmer's secretary)

William Windom "Prescription Murder" as Commodore Decker in The Doomsday Machine 1967.

Joanne Linville "Candidate for Crime" as Romulan Commander in The Enterprise Incident 1968.

Antoinette Bower "Negative Reaction" as Sylvia in Catspaw 1967.

Michael Strong "Negative Reaction" as Dr. Roger Korby in What Are Little Girls Made Of? 1966.

Theodore Bikel "The Bye-Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case" as CPO Sergey Rozhenko, retired in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Family 1990.

Samantha Eggar "The Bye-Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case" as Marie Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Family 1990.

Ricardo Montalban "A Matter of Honor" Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 1982.

Ed Begley, Jr "How to Dial a Murder" as Henry Starling in Star Trek: Voyager, Future's End 1996.

Arlene Martel "The Greenhouse Jungle" as T'Pring in Amok Time 1967.

Connie Danese, that's Shera's sister! Connie Danese played the Receptionist in "Murder in Malibu". She also played Toya in Star Trek: The Next Generation, When the Bough Breaks 1988.

Wow, I had no idea the connection ran *that* deep! How could I have missed Walter Koenig and Ricardo Montalban? *faceslap* The rest I had no idea...

your mind must have simply been elsewhere.

I'm a fool for forgetting my favorite Trek female guest, Mariette Hartley (Zarabeth in "All Our Yesterdays") who was twice on Columbo ("Publish Or Perish", "Try And Catch Me")!

Lord preserve! I thought The Twilight Zone was bad enough with connections but, Lord, Star Trek has the lot! Thanks everyone for your great research and info.

Did you get Walter Koenig (Checkov)? He was in the same episode as William Shatner. . . .

Just watched Fade Into Murder again
Did not realize that Walter Koening was also in it as well.
One of the cops initially inspecting restaurant scene.

Boy, nothing like stirring up an ancient string to stimulate conversation, but how about Arthur Batanides (Murph in Mayem) appearing in "That Which Survives" and Robert Walker (also from Mayhem) appearing in "Charlie X."

These old strings are somewhat nostalgic in a way, because that they always show entries posted by forum contributors who have long since disappeared.

I haven't disappeared. I just haven't wanted to participate anymore since cassavetes45 passed away. I think the fun went out of it for a lot of people after that.

I haven't disappeared. I just haven't wanted to participate anymore since cassavetes45 passed away. I think the fun went out of it for a lot of people after that.

You're not alone John. Her passing was like a shutting door cutting off the light around here. I continue to post (although not nearly as often), because I'm still devoted to the topic and I've been a contributing entity to this forum since Ted (and company) made it available. I suppose I always will as long as it exists.

I haven't disappeared, either, but I don't post as often as I used to or under the same name. And Carleen's death is partly responsible for that, but probably not in the way you would expect. About six months before she died, after years of fun discussion and banter with her over the Forum, I finally decided to reach out to her via personal email. She never responded. About a month later, I felt I was being attacked by another frequent Forum member, and it appeared as though Carleen were supporting the attacker and even egging him on. So I stopped posting for awhile. Then in June of that year she died. And posts from other Forum members indicated that they and Carleen were exchanging emails, talking about Memorial Day plans, etc. right up until a few days before she died. And I remember her final post about her son's Columbo impression (or something like that?), I suppose so she could enjoy the feedback while she was still living. With all that, she couldn't send one email to me in six months so we could officially "meet" before her death? I was shocked and saddened by her passing, and sad that whatever the issue was between us would never be resolved, but I still remain confused. And her indifference toward me at the end made it easier for me to accept her death. Eventually I began posting again here, but nowhere near as often as before and always using different names (and she was the only reason years ago I started using the same name for my posts in the first place). I'm sorry if this is offensive to those who had a good relationship (personal or Internet) with her, which is why I always kept quiet about it. But I hope by now enough time has passed that my comments will not be taken the wrong way. Or if anyone is aware of some other details from that time which could shed light on this?

Oh sir, one more thing...Lawrence Luckinbill (Sybok) in ST V and Mark McAndrews in Make Me a Perfect Murder.

Anthony Serve columbo goes to the guillotine and star trek insurrection

Bumping this old thread, because there's another Trek-Columbo connection that all of us missed. One of the credited writers for "Playback" is Booker Bradshaw. He was also an actor who appeared on two episodes of original Trek ("A Private Little War", "That Which Survives") as Dr. M'Benga.

Tricia O'Neil plays the dog trainer in "How to dial a murder". She played a few characters across ST DS9 and TNG, the most notable being Captain Rachel Garrett, of the Enterprise-B, in the episode "Yesterday's Enterprise"
Kim Cattrall was also in the same columbo episode, and she also played Lt Valeris in the movie Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country

my bad I meant Enterprise C not B :)

Penny Johnson Gerald had a small role as Maxine Jarrett in the columbo episode "Murder can be Hazardous to your Health" and was Kasidy Yates in Deep Space 9, eventually marrying Benjamin Cisco. She also plays the ship doctor's on Orville but I digress ;)

idriptherapy

Nutrients for high blood levels can likewise incorporate magnesium and calcium. Magnesium is a decent lack of nutrient for hypertension since of such can cause a flood in the circulatory strain. It can likewise be found in your verdant green vegetables, vegetables, entire grains, purslane, poppy seeds and string beans. Calcium is of idriptherapy.com moreover significance in over all wellbeing - take something like 1 gram of it ordinary. Food sources that are great wellsprings of calcium are milk, broccoli, yogurt, cheddar, salmon, tofu and mackerel.

There is developing proof that Age Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD) can be deferred and treated utilizing specific nutrients. There are some Age Related Macular stretch therapy Degeneration nutrients that appear to be functioning admirably for some individuals.

Obviously the genuine qualities for explicit pens change over the long haul. Anyway this book is a decent manual for deciding the general worth of various classic pens. On the off chance that you are genuinely keen on gathering antique pens as a promotional pens side interest, this is a phenomenal book to add to your assortment.

From the battle to pay rising energy costs, to the organic market contention that encompasses the universes energy needs. We are continually loaded up Tesla accessories with lament and fault for the steadily developing natural catastrophes, as well as, the aftereffects of our activities being paid for by people in the future.

usa

Obtenez un notaire décent . Un notaire est une bizarrerie sur le marché immobilier français. C'est un représentant semi-gouvernemental qui s'entraîne Vendre bien Immobilier Valais pendant une durée considérable à réfléchir à chaque imprévisibilité de votre achat immobilier.

Your 'Forlorn Pad' course holds you back from having a drawn out private love relationship or makes you rest independently from your accomplice most of the time. At the point when you know the 15° that is your 'Desolate Pad' heading, you can try not to Buy Hotel Quality Indulgence Pillows initiate or setting off its adverse impacts. Obviously, if you're now hitched or involved you'll need to try not to set off both of your 'Desolate Cushion' bearings.

Recordings are likewise an extraordinary method for tempting individuals to come to your site, or to acquire their trust. These could be to show the way gaming pc giveaway that your items work, more data, or just to walk your clients through specific advances with respect to your items.

There are presently various completely, harmless treatments that individuals can use to delete scarcely discernible differences and kinks, reestablish lost cosmetic clinic facial volume and emphatically reshape their general facial designs.

Een van de meest bekende en risicovolle verontreinigingen die gewoonlijk worden aangetroffen in beschadigde CBD-producten, zijn pesticiden. Deze synthetische stoffen worden gebruikt om insecten en verschillende levensvormen te doden die schadelijk kunnen zijn voor de plant. Zoals aangegeven door het Toxics Activity Center: "Bestrijdingsmiddelen zijn in verband gebracht met een breed scala aan gevaren voor het menselijk welzijn, gaande van buiten wiet kweken voorbijgaande effecten, bijvoorbeeld hersenpijn en misselijkheid tot ernstigere medische aandoeningen zoals ziekte, conceptuele schade en endocriene stoornissen." Het kan heel goed extreem gevaarlijk zijn om elk soort vervuild CBD-item in te nemen als het is bevuild met pesticiden.