The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Something I noticed about "The Bye-Bye Sky High I.Q. Murder Case"

Columbo has a bit of a thief in him. When he goes into the diner to talk to George, he takes a donut in with him. The waitress takes it from him and he proceeds to order......another donut. The waitress brings it to him and leaves the check on the table. When Oliver Brandt shows up, Columbo gets up to greet him, says he needs to leave, grabs the donut and leaves the check on the table, presumably leaving the diner and heading to Brandt's office. I guess George got stuck with the check. Are there any other examples of Columbo's thievery?

Re: Something I noticed about "The Bye-Bye Sky High I.Q. Murder Case"

In "Double Exposure" he cops to "stealing" some caviar from Bark Kepple's movie screening. More noticeable about the scene in which he's stealing it is that he takes the spoon, sticks it right in the main serving dish that the caviar is in, eats the spoonful, then sticks it right back into the serving dish a couple of more times to eat more. So much for anybody else wanting to have any I guess

there was a great scene where he took one chocolate (wrapped in tin foil) and shoved it in his pocket, then another, then another, then another. I can't remember which episode although pat mcgowen seems to be there. Any help anyone ?

let me check the episode guide. i seen that 1 recently.

derek
there was a great scene where he took one chocolate (wrapped in tin foil) and shoved it in his pocket, then another, then another, then another. I can't remember which episode although pat mcgowen seems to be there. Any help anyone ?

It's in A Trace of Murder - 25th Anniversary special

did anyone notice who the waitress was? it was Jamie Lee Curtis. another Holloween movie link. yes he takes things often like the wine in Any Old Port In A Storm. there are others. anyone?

There's also the infamous haircut in 'Old Fashioned Murder' that he gets his colleague to pay for. I suspect that money wouldn't get paid back.

On the other hand, in 'Lady in Waiting', Columbo makes sure he gets his money back immediately when he has to pay the taxi fare.

At the end of "Short Fuse," Columbo tries to pocket some of the cigars until William Windom calls him on it! :)

“Keep your eyes on that Reggiano cheese because that is gonna walk.” Columbo was more interested in the cheese than the murder scene. Is that from Agenda For Murder? If so, the cheese was actually evidence. Nevertheless, I’m sure Columbo polished off his share.