The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prescription: Murder TVM & screenplay

I have a vague memory that once upon a time, in the last 10 yrs anyway, the script for the TV movie of "Prescription: Murder" turned up somewhere for auction.

I looked back through the forum but couldn't find any reference.

Anyway, wasn't it dated April 1967 or thereabouts? I was trying to ascertain when it was filmed, and then this floated back into my head.

Does it ring a bell with anyone? I could be mistaken, and am thinking of something else.

Re: Prescription: Murder TVM & screenplay

I don't remember whether the screenplay has been available for auction. The script for the stage-play, published (like countless other scripts, with the green covers familiar to many "school play" veterans) by Samuel French & C0, is still readily available for sale -- there is an article in the site's "Memorabilia" section about it.

But you could be right, that the screenplay is also floating around out there.

Re: Prescription: Murder TVM & screenplay

Thanks Ted.

Doing some investigation, I *think* "Prescription: Murder" must've been filmed around May of 1967 - just before Peter Falk headed off to Rome to make "Anzio".

Anyone know for sure? Filming dates is a bit of a pet subject of mine, I love researching them...:)