The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Death Lends a Hand" (1971)

I found a recently made video of the house where Columbo meets Arthur Kennicut in "Death Lends a Hand" (1971).

The house was also used to film "The Jerk" with Steve Martin and one of the Godfather films, the one with the horses head.

Re: "Death Lends a Hand" (1971)

Also Alan Stanwyk's house in Fletch I believe.

You should visit the Inner Toob (Toobworld.blogspot.com) -- Toby has an amazing daily blog connecting the TV universe. He's done a lot with Columbo and regularly IDs prop products, houses, and other crossover gimmicks in shows.

Martin, I've visited Inner Toob several times. Great site. Here's a link listed Toby's Columbo articles. Fascinating stuff.

http://toobworld.blogspot.com/search?q=columbo

Thanks, Rob -- Toby's quite the Columbo fan, and I love to drop in on the site just to see what cool connection he's made.

Interesting … I was just about to sign in to an email account when I was greeted by a subject line asking “Do you recognize this estate?“ Naturally the Kennicut house immediately popped into mind and after reading through the article, I was right. They posted quite a few photos, but I selected the ones any Columbo fan would know right away. The thought tickling me is wondering who on earth would pay $600,000 a month to RENT anything?

photo k1_zps5d1c92cd.png
 photo k2_zps69bb3a41.png
 photo k3_zpsfc1d600b.png

Last month, we brought you the nation's most expensive home for sale, Dallas' $135 million (or so the owner hopes!) Crespi-Hicks estate. Not to be outdone, the Beverly House in Beverly Hills, Calif., is muscling its way into the stratosphere with what is believed to be the most expensive rental home in the nation: a staggering $600,000 a month.

You probably know the house without even realizing it: Remember the scene from "The Godfather" where a Hollywood mogul finds a horse head in his bed? That was filmed at the Beverly House. But the home has an illustrious history beyond that, too: William Randolph Hearst left San Simeon -- the California setting of his never-finished Hearst Castle -- to move into the Beverly House, which paramour Marion Davies bought for him in 1946. And John F. Kennedy honeymooned at the Beverly House with Jackie. Plus, the Kevin Costner/Whitney Houston vehicle "The Bodyguard" was filmed there.

Some vital statistics: The 50,000-square-foot estate, at 1011 North Beverly Drive a few blocks above Sunset Boulevard, has 17 bedrooms and 29 bathrooms on 3.7 acres. The compound includes a guesthouse over an eight-car garage, a security cottage, a separate two-bedroom apartment, a four-bedroom gate lodge, two projection rooms, spa facilities and even an Art Deco nightclub. An outdoor terrace seats up to 400. The billiard room contains a massive stone fireplace mantle brought from San Simeon.

Thank you for posting this video. Such an iconic house.