Return to Website

The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
Photobucket

Forum: The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
All Columbo Fonts - Download Here

Hi everyone - here's something for all you font freaks, like me. Someone recently posted a link to FOLIO BOLD EXTENDED - the font used in Columbo as well as all the other Mystery Movies of the 1970s, and even superimposed the font over a Columbo screengrab. The font was called FOLIO BQ. It was perfect in every way except for the capital "R" which was not as extended horizontally as it should be. I corrected it and I am enclosing FBE as one of 4 Columbo font downloads - see link at the bottom.

I have also created a secondary version called FOLIO EXTRA BOLD EXTENDED. If you check out the main titles of "Lovely But Lethal" & "The Bye Bye Sky High IQ Murder Case" (among others), you'll see that a heavier version of FBE is shown. This font has been specially created for all Columbo fans here, so I hope you enjoy using it.

The third font is FOLIO MEDIUM EXTENDED ITALIC. This font is thinner and was used for credits such as "Directed By" & "Special Guest Star".

The fourth font is CLARENDON BOLD HEAVY, which was used in the later Columbo episodes of the 80s & 90s.

Copy and paste the link immediately below to see a sample image of all 4 fonts. I managed to find a way to reproduce Wayne Fitzgerald's block shadow effect rather than using Photoshop's drop shadow effect. If anyone wants to know how to achieve this, get in touch with me and I'll reveal all.

Here's the sample image link:

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee436/stevedowthwaite/COLUMBOFONTS_zps1028cf59.jpg

And here's the link to the fonts:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/1ad39e3vsfld/n/Columbo_Fonts.rar

I hope you enjoy these; any and all feedback would be welcome.

Email