The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: All Columbo Fonts - Download Here

Wow Steve, thank you very much for this!! Could you name some of the "other Mystery Movies of the 1970s" which used this kind of font as well? I'm just curious.

I think almost all did -- I grew up watching them in the 70s. Positive Hec Ramsey (a western-mystery) and Amy Prentiss (female police chief spun off from Ironside) did. McCoy (conman comedy with Tony Curtis had different credit style) and Quincy had a different one when it moved from the Mystery Movie to a weekly show. I'm pretty sure Lanigan's Rabbi (funny whodunit with a rabbi detective) used Folio, I'm pretty sure.

Going to post later today about the Sunday and Wednesday Mystery Movies -- they were all great TV for a then-teen geek. I'm now a middle-aged geek.

Thanks for the nice comments, guys, you're all welcome. Folio Bold Extended was used on Hec Ramsey & the first season of Quincy, ME, as well as The Snoop Sisters, Tenafly, and Faraday And Co.

Folio Medium Extended Italic (included in my download) was used on Banacek, Madigan, and Cool Million. There are a couple of Banacek episodes which used an italic version of Folio Bold Extended which was never ( as far as I know) officially created by Konrad Bauer & Walter Baum - who designed the whole Folio font family between 1957 - 1962. However, if anyone's interested in an italic version of FBE - normal & bold, I can create one of each in a few minutes. Let me know and I'll do both and post links here...

All Columbo Fonts - Updated Downloads Here

Hi again fellow font freaks...

Okay, as I mentioned last time, I've added 2 extra italic versions of the Columbo fonts to the collection. And to avoid confusion with the names, I've given them a font family name of "Mystery Movie".

So, included in the new font package is:

Mystery Movie Bold
Mystery Movie Bold Italic
Mystery Movie Extra Bold
Mystery Movie Extra Bold Italic
Mystery Movie Medium Italic

For 2 samples of the fonts & how they look applied to other Mystery Movie characters, download these 2 links:

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee436/stevedowthwaite/
COLUMBOFONTS_zps2ab49c64.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee436/stevedowthwaite/
MYSTERYMOVIESAMPLES_zpsf423affb.jpg

For the links to the 5 fonts, download them here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/16m51c717i3x/n/Columbo_Fonts_Updated.rar

I would suggest that you delete the previous fonts and install these updated & renamed ones. I hope you like these and all feedback is always welcome.

Re: All Columbo Fonts - Updated Downloads Here

Sorry but the link is dead! :(

oz615
Sorry but the link is dead! :(

And so is steviebaby.

Uh....perhaps on a more positive note: Anyone who wants the fonts can email me, kerumbo "at" gmail (dot) com. The set comes as a compressed RAR file, so you'll want a program such as 7Zip (free) to extract it into the actual files for installing as fonts. Hope this helps.

Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated, as Mark Twain once said. Sorry I haven't responded for a while but I recently suffered a major hard drive crash and lost tons of data. My thanks to Ted for helping out with an alternative download source for the fonts. Glad to hear there are still lots of FBE font fans out there.

Good to hear from you, Steviebaby!

Steve

Could you upload the Columbo fonts again?