The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mark Ruffalo

Has anybody else heard the rumor that a Columbo remake may be made starring Mark Ruffalo? I know it's just a rumor and may never actually happen, but I was wondering what everybody else thought about this. I've never thought about Ruffalo wearing the raincoat, but now that I think about it, I think he may be a good fit.

Re: Mark Ruffalo

Apparently someone who knows Mark posted in response to some stuff on twitter from people enthusing about Mark's suitability to play the role, "Why isn't this a thing?" To which Mark responded positiviely.

Interestingly. I had a dream about two nights ago in which I had identified the perfect actor, the only actor, who could recreate Columbo, and it wasn't Mark Ruffalo. I was thinking "Wow. Why hasn't anyone mentioned this guy? It's so obvious. Wait till I tell everyone. It'll blow their minds!"

The moment I woke up, of course, I couldn't remember the actors name or face. Maybe it's a sign......that Ruffallo's the man.

That's a coincidence. We were watching Zodiac last night and I said doesn't Mark Ruffalo look like Columbo. Even down to the raincoat!

That would be brilliant. The celebs would be queuing up to guest on it.

I think Dan Hedaya would have made a good Columbo,but he's a bit old now.

Saw Now You See It (the movie with Ruffalo and Morgan Freeman) and I think he could pull it off.

Martin Ross
Saw Now You See It (the movie with Ruffalo and Morgan Freeman) and I think he could pull it off.

He was good in that and he already has a rumpled look. as long as he puts his spin on the character and doesn't try a full on impression, I think he could do it.

Ted, back me up on this buddy! I've been saying for years (literally) that Ruffalo should play Columbo. He's got the look, the brains and I think the integrity to help deliver a truly great Columbo.

De Niro would be my choice.