The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Forum Has Slowed

I've kind of dropped away in the midst of some community projects I've gotten involved in. I enjoy what I learn here, and the common camaraderie especially since the trolling seems to have stopped.

Anybody know what's happening with Dene Kernohan's planned new fan book, semi-sequel to the Phile? I wrote four pieces for it about a year ago, including a survey of Columbo's TV descendants, but haven't heard since. That could liven things perhaps a bit, if it ever sees print or posting. If I find the project's dead, would you be interested in the piece on Columbo-influenced TV detectives for the site, Ted?

Haven't heard about that, Martin! If I get any news, I'll be glad to post. There have been some new Columbo books self-published (or so I would guess) as Kindle books, which fans can find on Amazon. I read a couple of them, and they were good fan observations.

Thanks. I wonder if it isn't an Amazon self-production. I wrote synopsis/reviews for Murder Under Glass, Murder, Smoke and Shadows, and Columbo Cries Wolf, as well as the piece on Columbo's successors featuring Robert Goren, Monk, The Closer, The Mentalist, and (bear with me) House, so I'd like to know. Kernohan hasn't written me back since I posted the prior comment, so maybe it just failed.

We all miss Cass a lot

Guilty as charged Fred. Admittedly I am in that 'miss Carleen' bracket as the reason I haven't posted as much. I guess that's why the likes of headache, walt etc, haven't posted much either. Also, too, I haven't watched too many Columbo's of late either. Take a hiatus to freshen up my collection! I will try extra hard, I promise, to pop in more often and contribute.

Hi Rob! Not to talk out-of-school or anything, but I'm afraid Headache took it especially hard. I suggested offline that he might think about putting together a little collection of his favorite "Best of Cassa and Headache" exchanges from the Forum archives, and we could add it to the site as an article/tribute, but I don't think he was up for it. I hope he's feeling better.

Headache please return even if it's just to say hi! We care about you!

I watch Columbo reruns after holiday season in winter. I have mainly been posting on Columbo podcast site. Have not lost interest at all.as an aside, idea of anyone other than Falklands as Columbo is blasphemous. As a further aside, I think one of the funniest movies ever made is In-Laws with Falk and Alan Arkin. Priceless!