The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whatever happened to Sian Barbara Allen?

Was watching Lovely but Lethal and this question occurred to me. She was the hottest young TV actress in the 1970's,appearing on multiple series such as Columbo,Ironsides,Rockford Files, and on TV movies such as Charles Lindburgh and Scream Pretty Peggy, then she just disappeared off the face of the earth. I always thought there was something a bit odd about her. Does anyone know what happened to her, why she decided to end her acting career so abruptly?

Re: Whatever happened to Sian Barbara Allen?

I found this, written b Barbara about herself:

http://fictionaut.com/users/sian-barbara-allen

She's writing now, in fact did some writing in the past too -- she describes writing an episode of "Baretta" that had Ray Bolger in it. Interesting.

Thanks!

Still wonder though why she abruptly left acting. To be honest, I did not think that she was that talented. However, whenever I see her, she brings back a flood of memories. She was I think John Boy's girlfriend.

Her bio on IMDB says

"Unfortunately, for reasons that are seemingly unknown, Sian quit show biz, and has now gone on to live a more private life. Sian is the older sister of flash fiction author, editor and teacher Meg Pokrass. She has married and had a daughter, who has now apparently graduated college. She now lives in Southern California."

I remember her in a very good first season Rockford Files, as a missing girl in with the wrong crowd.

Every time I watch Lovely but Lethal I always think she looks slightly too wholesome to be a heavy smoker - somehow the smoking seems more unlikely than being mixed up in industrial espionage and blackmail...