The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What was the deal with Poupee' Bocar?

Poupée Bocar was born on August 15, 1940 in San Diego, California, USA as Anna Graziella Boccaccio. She is an actress, known for The Last Movie (1971), Get Smart (1965) and Columbo (1971). She was also in one of my favorite Banacek eps, If Max Is So Smart, Why Doesn't He Tell Us Where He Is?, playing someone named Wanda, and Search, the high-tech '70s spy/crime show with Hugh O'Brian, Tony Franciosca, and Doug McClure. Believe it or not, there is a Poupee Bocar Facebook page, with very little added data. Don't know where you can buy a CD, LOL.

You don't hear much from her because she's been dead for 17 years. She died in 1998 from a heart attack in LA.

Carl
You don't hear much from her because she's been dead for 17 years. She died in 1998 from a heart attack in LA.

Not according to the Internet Movie Database and a general web search. Interestingly enough, her final screen performance was in "Troubled waters," so I figure her vanishing act had more to do with having simply left acting. In fact, I was curious enough about what had become of her myself some time ago, and found a photo of her taken in 2003, which I then posted here.

You should let IMBD know this. They do not show her being deceased. Neither does her Facebook page.

I just watched her perform @ Indian Wells Resort Hotel with her long-time pianist Rich Bono tonight. She sings and moves exactly as she did when she appeared in Columbo. They are regular performers there on most Wednesdays. They do take a break from time to time.

Shes alive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah4zZvlKCz4

What songs, apart from Volare, did she sing in the Columbo movie?

In a later scene, Columbo and Danziger enter a bar where a recording of "When the World Was Young" is playing. The voice sounds like Poupee Bocar. Perhaps they recorded it for the club scene and decided not to use it there but didn't want to waste it.

Not too much about her but gosh she’s gorgeous 🥵🥵 I’m born in 1980 and love those actresses from back then especially Anna 😋