The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Found Columbo on MeTV (USA)

Me. too, but I thought some of the folks might not.

And as someone once posted here, there's a certain pleasure in watching Columbo on broadcast TV, that you don't quite get from watching the (superior quality) DVDs -- something about watching it with a bunch of other fans even though you can't even see them.

Where I live, MeTV is one of those odd channels (digital maybe?) that I can see on our newest TV but not on any of the older ones!

Because of all the seniors here in Arizona, our antenna pulls in MeTV, Cozi, Antenna TV, RETRO, and THIS, which shows really great classic movies, good bad '70s flicks, and Outer Limits reruns. So any given night, I might be able to watch Name of the Game, the Bold Ones, All in the Family, I Spy, Cheers, Barney Miller, Mary Tyler Moore, The Avengers, '60s Dr. Who, and old Sunday Mystery Movies, including the Good Lieutenant. It's an embarrassment of riches.

Ted
And as someone once posted here, there's a certain pleasure in watching Columbo on broadcast TV, that you don't quite get from watching the (superior quality) DVDs -- something about watching it with a bunch of other fans even though you can't even see them.

Agreed! And it's nice to realize Columbo will get new fans when they flip channels and land on the show! When people talk about the internet taking over for shows, and no more TV as we know it, I think of how that means no one will just channel surf into a show (and become a new fan that way!) ever again, and I think that's a shame. For now, I'm thankful for any channel that plays Columbo and other great shows/films!