The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Death of Louis Jourdan (Murder Under Glass)

LOL. Next up, Swamp Monster.

Always enjoyed watching Jourdan. Interesting man- even joined the French resistance to fight the Nazis!

He was good in 'Murder Under Glass' but I don't like Falk's performance in it. In fact, I see some of the character traits in Columbo in this episode that the revival series would have him exhibit every week. Columbo seems slower, more childlike, annoying and a lot less sharp.

Still, Jourdan was good and will be missed by many.

By the way, Eric, I meant Swamp Thing, one of the earliest more obscure DC Comics-based series. Jourdan was the recurring villain, who menaced the big pile of swamp moss who was the show's hero.

One of his smaller claims to fame would be those Canada Dry (?) sparkling water commercials. The idea that one of the most popular French celebrities in this country would be endorsing Canada Dry instead of Perrier was the whole idea of the campaign.

He might have been one of my favorite Culumbo villains. He had such style and grace. Truly one of my favorite episodes.