The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Falk on Johnny Carson Show - Antenna TV

I've been enjoying watching the Johnny Carson Show reruns on Antenna TV.

Tonight, January 31st, 2016, Falk did a quick walk-on to talk about the episode of Columbo which was going to be airing in just a few days time.

The episode (of the Carson show) was from 1974. Falk talked about "a fantastic clue" from the upcoming episode. It involved a guy at a fitness center who is found dead with a barbell over his throat. Of course, he was talking about "An Exercise in Fatality".

Falk tempted the audience by saying that this great clue "is something everybody does every day". The audience threw out guesses but no one got close.

Falk said he had just come from the set (of another "Columbo" in production) and was dressed in his Columbo outfit including the raincoat. The tie wasn't tied though as it's ends just hung around his neck.

Falk exited right away. In the concluding moments of the show, Carson read a note Falk had written, asking Carson to mention that Bob Conrad was the guest star of the episode and also mentioned the episode's director.

How wonderful to see two greats - Falk and Carson - and relive some memories!

Re: Falk on Johnny Carson Show - Antenna TV

Awesome! I'll have to look for that and record it.

I assume many of you have seen Peter on one of the Dean Martin Roasts? If not, you can check it out on youtube.

That sounds great. Wish I could see it. Tried to find it on YouTube, but couldn't find it. However I did find a spoof Johnny did as Columbo, and it was pretty fun to watch!

try this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3NhRcayJ08

Peter makes an appearance around the 7:50 mark.

I thought it was interesting in this clip that Peter Falk ranked "An Exercise in Fatality" among the top two or three best episodes up to that point in the series. I wonder which other two episodes he would have considered among the best? "Any Old Port in a Storm" might be one. Peter Falk also highly praised Peter Fischer's writing.

soy
I thought it was interesting in this clip that Peter Falk ranked \"An Exercise in Fatality\" among the top two or three best episodes up to that point in the series. I wonder which other two episodes he would have considered among the best? \"Any Old Port in a Storm\" might be one. Peter Falk also highly praised Peter Fischer\'s writing.
I remember the show he appeared on to promote PORT.
Yes, be raved about it and said.it was the best episode they had done-

What was the clue