The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Favourite soundtrack of the series

My favourite composer of the series is absolutely Dick DeBenedictis, i have Always loved his music, and not only on Columbo, he did amazings jobs on Perry Mason (the new series), McLoud and so many Others.
My favourite soundtrack for an episodes is withouth doubt the one for Lovely But Lethal.
It is creppy and fascinating, and also the use of violins (if im not wrong) is wonderful.
What about you ? what is you favourite soundtrack of Columbo ?

Re: Favourite soundtrack of the series

I love Patrick William's soundtracks.
Try and Catch Me, Make Me a Perfect Murder, Sex and the Married Detective, Murder a Self Portrait and also Murder in Malibu (a great music for a such bad episode!)

I'm surprised you thought "Murder to n Malibu" was a bad episode. Actually, it is my favorite. The scenery of the beach, house and furnishings were beautiful. And, Brenda Vaccaro was great as the sister. The storyline was interesting also. Then again, I guess women are interested in these things, where men maybe not. I know the episodes with the military themes were not my cup of tea.

Franny
I know the episodes with the military themes were not my cup of tea.

I'm not sure which episodes you might be referring to (outside of By Dawn's Early Light), but boy, if you feel that way concerning images on film, you'll be beside yourself when TSA-type thugs expand beyond the airports to start pushing us all around in stores, shopping malls and on city streets.

I have already been "beside myself" witnessing the Twin Towers" on 9/11 fall down and smelling the smoke.

Billy Goldenberg.