The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just One More Paragraph discontinuing

The whole series isn't too expensive on Amazon or at retailers these days, relatively speaking. Had I waited, I could have had the complete set on DVD for a fraction of the cost of each individual season I bought one by one as they came out.

Ben, I think your reaction to my site's an indicator that it was a ghost town, anyway, so it's probably about time to shut 'er down. Just wanted Ted and the guys to know so they could remove the link.

I'm sorry to hear that your site is closing down. I really enjoyed some of those stories. The authors really captured the Columbo formula. Is there any way to leave the best stories linked on this site? If they agree of course.

Thanks, Pete.

Martin, sorry to hear about the site leaving. I can't thank you enough for providing this outlet and finding a way for people like me to share their stories, and likewise it was great to see your own as well.

Real life issues do indeed get in the way of these things for all of us (I'm dealing with the loss of my mother a few months ago as well as a close friend who had given me a lot of support during these tough times) so obviously if this is something you need to do, we all understand and respect that decision.

There *is* a way to keep the site bookmarked and the content accessed after it disappeared by accessing the site through the Internet "Wayback Machine" at www.archive.org. By entering the website address there you get a "snapshot" of the page and its contents at different points in the past. In fact, I have just bookmarked the Wayback machine's link for how the site was on March 31 of this year which would allow all stories to still be accessed.

http://web.archive.org/web/20160331213930/http://www.planetpreset.com/colfanfic.html

Best to you Martin and thanks again!

Thank you to Martin and to all who contributed to the "Just One More Paragraph" website. I read a few of the stories over the years and enjoyed them. I always wanted to read the others, but I never seemed to be able to get around to it. Good to know Eric's option for viewing the previous content. And hopefully at some point the website will be able to return in some form. Thanks again.

Thanks, friend.

The main site has now expired, but a reminder again to everyone that you can continue to keep the site and its content bookmarked through the Internet Archive Wayback link:

http://web.archive.org/web/20160331213930/http://www.planetpreset.com/colfanfic.html

Everything will still look normal as before!

Thanks, Eric. You got the site going with your great, authentic scripts. I'm very proud of the variety we got on the page, from your tales to Donald Kirch's weirder stories (he's had several novels published now) and John Lane's full-length return to New Scotland Yard. I have all the stories and art, and maybe some day, it'll come back.

Martin, what you and the writers -- Eric deserves special mention -- created was remarkable, a thing of beauty. A lot of talent and creativity was given an outlet, and each story added strength to the others by creating its own genre. I'm sorry to see the site go, but I understand what you mean -- hosting a web site is not free, and it requires maintenance and attention even while static. I hope you have saved the site in some form other than the individual stories and images. (There are website-bulding programs that, as you probably know, can download the entire thing as a PDF with working links.) Congratulations on your absolutely unique accomplishment, and thanks for letting us know rather than just quietly disappearing. My very best to you in your retirement.

Ted, thanks so much for the kind, kind words and for being a supporter of the site. All the stories are indeed saved, and if things slow down with my community projects and I can bank some freelance pay, I may get a new site with one of the more streamlined providers. Be well.