The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just One More Paragraph discontinuing

Thanks, friend.

The main site has now expired, but a reminder again to everyone that you can continue to keep the site and its content bookmarked through the Internet Archive Wayback link:

http://web.archive.org/web/20160331213930/http://www.planetpreset.com/colfanfic.html

Everything will still look normal as before!

Thanks, Eric. You got the site going with your great, authentic scripts. I'm very proud of the variety we got on the page, from your tales to Donald Kirch's weirder stories (he's had several novels published now) and John Lane's full-length return to New Scotland Yard. I have all the stories and art, and maybe some day, it'll come back.

Martin, what you and the writers -- Eric deserves special mention -- created was remarkable, a thing of beauty. A lot of talent and creativity was given an outlet, and each story added strength to the others by creating its own genre. I'm sorry to see the site go, but I understand what you mean -- hosting a web site is not free, and it requires maintenance and attention even while static. I hope you have saved the site in some form other than the individual stories and images. (There are website-bulding programs that, as you probably know, can download the entire thing as a PDF with working links.) Congratulations on your absolutely unique accomplishment, and thanks for letting us know rather than just quietly disappearing. My very best to you in your retirement.

Ted, thanks so much for the kind, kind words and for being a supporter of the site. All the stories are indeed saved, and if things slow down with my community projects and I can bank some freelance pay, I may get a new site with one of the more streamlined providers. Be well.