The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: For Years

Thanks for checking out the site, and for giving Columbo a look. I realize the show is not for everybody, but it's remarkable that as someone who ultimately couldn't go on watching, you clearly "get" its way of providing so much material for discussion. You're perceptive, even though I would disagree aboout the shows being too much alike.

The site began almost 20 years ago, which makes it pretty ancient by internet standards. We've had some fun times with it, and I think we'll hang in there. It's hard to find a site that isn't filled with bitter arguing and trolling, or where the level of discussion is, nearly always, smart and respectful. The reason we keep the site going is that Columbo fans are the greatest.

thanks for the site, Ted.

i just found the forum again and am heartened it's still putting along like a good Peugeot. i posted here with great enjoyment for a while, then disappeared, and then came back but found it harder to post after i learned cassavetes/carleen was gone. i am glad she is remembered here.

anyway, i will always have a warm affection for this place and all the people who have posted and will post here. we share something--some sort of sensibility and appreciation for something undefinable about columbo--and i am convinced it's a good thing. i still have a photograph on my wall of the good Lieutenant where family pictures go. i consider you all to be a little bit of family to me in that odd, detached, internet sort of way.

twenty years is a long time. thanks, Ted, for keeping this site here for all of us sometime refugees. it's a nice place on the internet--amid all the stuff going on that makes you want to despair or explode, it's a thoughtful, familiar place that feels like home.

laura

Interesting a "coolie" should acknowledge the site had been here for years.

Columbo was never intended to be an exercise in reality, but a casual departure from it. While it's true every aspect of it HAS been picked apart here time and time again over the years, there's no shame in admitting that you're an old fan whose long-term fascination for the show has finally waned.

To this day, I detest the installments produced after the first five seasons, but I never stopped admiring the site owners who dedicated themselves to providing fans with an interactive forum. How many other TV shows can you think of are supported by such a claim? How about a big fat ZERO?