The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A season for Columbo

Laura got the Van D*** and Albert answers, quid quo pro the Gordon solution.

Of the remaining, the Cassidy clue is in his coolly villainous name, Landau's one-time partner was a spicy spy, and Harvey's Russian chessmaster gave him a fair "shake," putting him in a black mood.

Yes, very odd, especially given Columbo's rather elfish nature. Betting the monthly nature and uncertain scheduling of the Columbo installments forced the network to avoid any seasonal elements.

Wouldn't Sebastian Cabot or Orson Welles have made a wonderful '70s-era villain, using his stowed Santa suit as a Chesterton's postman device to escape notice during a department store or office Christmas Party murder?

Have a wonderful New Year, if you haven't already. I may block out tomorrow entirely for the NY Columbo Marathon on MeTV...

Fun quiz...and hard!

Dick Van **** -- goes good with alibis

Probably this one is "thyme," since Paul Galesko used the wrong time as his alibi?

Ruth Gordon -- I don't know
Martin Landau -- I don't know
Laurence Harvey -- I don't know

Jack Cassidy -- When you say "cool," I think of "chilly," so I will guess chili powder?

Eddie Albert -- perfect for a stewing sailor....The only sailing-related spice I can think of would be "bay leaves," since ships dock/sail in the bay?

Probably I am wrong, but this was fun...Thank you!

Nailed the Dick Van D*** and Eddie Albert answers! Great guess on Jack Cassidy, though I was going somewhere else. More clues: The Cassidy clue is in his villainous name, Landau's one-time partner was a spicy spy, and Harvey's Russian chessmaster gave him a fair "shake."

Pepper for Harvey?

Neat idea!

Ruth Gordon would be rosemary (Rosemary'baby).

My mission is now to find Martin Landau's seasoning.

Bingo!! Good job!