The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: IMDb are ending their message board service.

I'm not optimistic, as IMDb is a large entity to try to deal with, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the update.

Interesting. Here's the first paragraph of the announcement:

IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb's message boards on February 20, 2017. This includes the Private Message system. After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide. The decision to retire a long-standing feature was made only after careful consideration and was based on data and traffic.

Personally, I abandoned the message board years ago. I admit trying a couple of times to sign back on since then, but IMDb began demanding credit card info to create a new profile (the very last thing I would ever do), but I can certainly understand why someone wants to dump a cumbersome albatross.

^^^^^ There is a way of avoiding that by signing in via facebook.

If they outsourced the boards or try to sell them off....Im sure that they would be plenty of interested parties.

Backup of the IMDb columbo board which can be accessed and updated can be found here:

http://www.moviechat.org/movies/tt1466074

WOW thank you so much Combo!

I never knew the IMDB boards were migrated. The Moviechat homepage looks identical, but under-the-covers it's not quite as ergonomic.. but better than nothing.

Looks like my IMDB posts have been "removed by administrator".. crap. Must be someone didn't like my comments.

Thanks again for the tip,
David