The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "The Underworld Bank"

Fun! I think Peter played that role several times in "The Untouchables" -- mad-dog killers were a specialty of his, in those days. I imagine Val Avery wasn't the only player that Peter knew before "Columbo" -- he seemed to enjoy working with friends and with pros he already knew would come through.

I often watch the 70's shows on METV and i always see characters that i know from Columbo; since a lot of the shows are from 'Universal Studios'. A couple examples are Mission Impossible and The Twilight Zone.

I drive my wife crazy when i see a familiar actor and i'll say his character name from Columbo, like "Hey , there's Mr.Pauly"

It works even for the newer episodes. I can never watch Death Hits the Jackpot without looking at the son of the Penny Santon character and shouting out "That-a Johnny Depp, he make-a me cry!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHEYNYlHXc0

I know that Peter was in a very strange early ' 60's movie with Lee Grant, but I can't think of the title. (I found it on one of those lists of "borderline" weird movies on a horror and SF site.)

And of course Peter was in the Twilight Zone episode "The Mirror," and that had Arthur Batanides of "Mind Over Mayhem."