The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone out there ever meet Peter?

Only at some distance, on "The View". And a couple of letters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WECMHrahXk

Happy to say that yes I did in the early 2000's when the Paley Center For Media in Los Angeles, then known as the Museum of Broadcasting, did their 2nd event for the Columbo TV Series (The first one was in 1988 when William Link first announced that Columbo would be returning in 1989 after 11 years off the air).

Peter Falk and his wife, William Link, William Shanter and others related to the show were there. I even got him to sign my hard back copy of The Columbo Phile.

Hey Rex, it's great to hear from you. I either didn't know, or had forgotten, about your meeting with Peter and the others. What a great memory to have -- thanks for sharing.

Hey Ted,

I'm usually lurking in the shadows and checking out the posts, but don't interact as much sine Carleen left us.

That event was a lot of fun and I was front row center for it. Peter Falk hung around and signed just about every autograph after the event. His wife looked PO'd the whole time, but she did sign my hardback copy of the Columbo File as well did William Link. Shatner wouldn't sign it, but gave what I thought at the time was a classy excuse. He pointed at Peter and said "this is his event" but I still wish I had his autograph in my book as I have had a lot of Columbo guest stars sign it. Mostly ones who were also in Twilight Zones as I went to a TZ convention about 20 years ago and got William Windom, Theodore Birkel, Mariette Hartley and Joanne Linville to name a few.

Hope all is well on your end of the World.

Traveling to New York from Philadelphia to see Peter Falk on The View was quite a memorable experience. Hard to believe that it was nearly 19 years ago.