The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Should Columbo Have had a "Permanent" Secondary Character?

A cohort? ... nah - none were ever needed. At least, not my view.

That's why shows like Streets of San Francisco, Hunter, and Ironsides would never stand the test of time. In fact, I can't even sit through those shows today.

A couple served as intriguing adjuncts to Columbo (Kramer/Vernon). Truth is, I'd always thought of Dog as being enough of a character diversion, but often found him (and Dishy) far more irritating, than supportive.

I've also noted by suffering through a few eps that the pup never reappeared in the ABC installments. Hardly surprising to me though, because by that time, Falk was having enough trouble holding himself up!

Fanny Pakk

I've also noted by suffering through a few eps that the pup never reappeared in the ABC installments. Hardly surprising to me though, because by that time, Falk was having enough trouble holding himself up!

I know Dog appears in at least one ABC episode. I don't remember which one, but it opens with Columbo at a basset hound gathering in a park. Dog wins his first, and only, ribbon and snaps at Columbo after he tells another gentleman that Dog is a gentle dog.

I know the ABC version very badly, but I'm sure I've seen that one. I'm pretty sure the killer is a painter, or at least it has to do with painting, so that should identify it.

Grant
I know the ABC version very badly, but I'm sure I've seen that one. I'm pretty sure the killer is a painter, or at least it has to do with painting, so that should identify it.

Murder, A Self Portrait. Not one of my favorite episodes, but it does have Shera and Vitto in it and every time I watch it, I get an urge to go buy some loose fitting linen shirts.