The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does he ever risk the killer's life (unintentionally)?

in Murder Under Glass he switched up the wine glasses. Just as the killer was about to take a sip Columbo said no, I wouldn't do that sir. Something to that effect.

The second part of your post is very interesting. It's true you never see anybody get shot in that series by the police. As a matter of fact, there's one episode where Columbo looks completely lost when he's holding a pistol. I forget exactly which one that was. There was also another episode where he had to have his Sergeant qualify for him, I think it was in forgotten lady, because he could not hit the target

In one of the newer episode when Columbo was undercover, didn't he pull a gun on Burt Young in the hotel room?

Fred
in Murder Under Glass he switched up the wine glasses. Just as the killer was about to take a sip Columbo said no, I wouldn't do that sir. Something to that effect.

The second part of your post is very interesting. It's true you never see anybody get shot in that series by the police. As a matter of fact, there's one episode where Columbo looks completely lost when he's holding a pistol. I forget exactly which one that was. There was also another episode where he had to have his Sergeant qualify for him, I think it was in forgotten lady, because he could not hit the target
The only episode where Columbo fired a gun was Playback and he seemed very uncomfortable doing so and didn't know how to check if the safety was on or off.