The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shera Danese? Too much, too little or just right?

Clive, I'd say you change "mostly due" to just "due", because there was no way she'd keep getting picked for parts over and over. There wasn't anything special about her. Also there is something about the tone of her voice that has never gone over well with me. But hey, when you're Peter Falk and your wife wants a job, you hand her it :)

Fred, I have to agree with you that of all of her appearences, the Trace of Murder one is probably the one that I think she added something to. I think in Murder Under Glass as Eve Plummer, she holds her own, too.

She definitely had a specific type she played, and I think the show used her on-screen persona well. Somebody else said she was often cast in a sassy role, but I thought of her characters as more annoying and pushy than sassy, and she did those well.

One scene in particular I remember was in the lawyer's office in "Trace of Murder" where her secret partner wished everyone a good day and she squawked back at him "I don't know what's so good about it!"

His look back at her was pretty funny.