The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Eileen Brennan

I always liked her work, but I am a sucker for redheads. I'm sure she would have fit into the Columbo universe in the right persona, but the only already-existing part that comes to mind for her is Lee Grant's role in "Ransom For A Dead Man". The character would have been different with Brennan's granite-jawed face and personality, but she'd have made a good fit for the tough shyster role.

That's what I was thinking in a way, that her version of Leslie would've been tough in more of a "confrontational" way instead of Lee Grant's more low-key way.

Another one might be Kay Freestone. I'm not sure about the entire role, but when Kay starts thinking about her poor upbringing, or having those "tough love" moments with Valerie, you can imagine Eileen Brennan playing the part.

Grant, I was literally going to reply and mention her as Kay Freestone. Clearly, based on my "Mark MacAndrews" handle, I have some fondness for this episode. I could see her easily sliding into that role.

I'm glad to hear that.