The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Most/Least Watched Episodes

I’m curious which episodes other Columbo fans have seen the most. Whether or not it’s one of your favorites, please reply which episode you’ve seen the most. And also the least. Comments are encouraged. For example, I think Last Salute To The Commodore is a terrible episode, but I’m fascinated at how bad it is so I’ve seen it a lot more than some other, better episodes.

For me I think either Murder By The Book or Now You See Him are the ones I’ve seen most. For the “new” episodes it’s probably a tossup between Columbo Goes to the Guillotine, Goes To College and Likes The Nightlife.

The least I’ve seen overall would be No Time To Die with Mind Over Mayhem for the older, classic episodes. I think I’ve only seen No Time To Die four times. I’ve probably seen Murder By The Book at least 30 times.

Re: Most/Least Watched Episodes

Seeing No Time to Die more than 2 times is too much for me. I posted on this several weeks ago and I felt (and still feel) that it was the worst episode ever created.

As for episodes that I have seen the most, A Stitch in Crime comes to mind. Followed closely by Make Me a Perfect Murder and Columbo Goes to College.

There are things in DEADLY STATE OF MIND that I don't care for, in spite of liking George Hamilton.
As for the others I'm funny about, I watch them along with the others, but - I hate to say this - in a "bite the bullet" sort of way. As I said on another thread, even when they're good, I have a problem with ones that just don't "feel like" Columbo episodes. Like THE CONSPIRATORS.
(I'd feel the same way about NOW YOU SEE HIM, because the killer's back story just doesn't feel right for a COLUMBO episode - too much social comment - except that that one becomes a genuine detective story.)

Like many, my least viewed is "No Time to Die."

My most viewed is among "Friend in Deed," "Any Old Port," and "Etude in Black."

Along with Pete, I have a train-wreck fascination with "Last Salute."

Part of me keeps hoping that if I watch it often enough, it might actually start to make some sense.

Quid, if Commodore ever starts to make sense, you’ve got to get to the E.R. immediately. Somebody has poisoned your drink.

As for No Time To Die, it’s worse than Commodore, plus it has no “train wreck” aspect to distract. It’s an “anti-Columbo”, because we meet his family, wife excepting of course. It hurts the whole Columbo brand. I watched it when it first aired, then once again because I had forgotten how bad it was. The other two times were “rotational” when I watched every episode start-to-finish chronologically over a long time frame.

If there is any curiosity, No Time To Die gets worse with repeat viewing, if you can even imagine that, lol

Maybe 'Commodore' syncs up with 'Dark Side of the Moon'...Lol
I'll get a couple beers and give it a try...

I seem to watch Double Exposure a lot. I like the banter between Columbo and Dr. Kepple.

"No Time to Die" I've legit watched only once, and I still couldn't believe this is actually part of the Columbo catalog. "Murder in Malibu" & "Strange Bedfellows" are also episodes towards the very bottom of my viewed list. As for the ABC ones I've watched the most, "Columbo Goes to College" is probably at the top of viewed along with "Columbo Cries Wolf." The classic series, I'd say "Short Fuse" is least viewed, while "Now You See Him" is the most.