The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Which Episode Had the Best Ending?

It's hard to beat 'Suitable for framing'.

"He touched it!! You all saw him... he touched it.. ."

Shows gloved hands, freeze frame.

Great.

Suitable for Framing
A Friend In Deed
Try and Catch Me

Also: "Columbo Cries Wolf".

Well I always like the ending to the Bye-bye Sky High IQ case. But the rather elegant ending of 'Any old Port in a storm,' is a pleasure too. The rather relieved Carsini enjoying a last glass of red before being taken away.

I'd say...in order of release:

Suitable for Framing: I like how Dale Kingston goes from, "Edna...how could you?" to an exasperated "You...you touched them..."

The Most Crucial Game: Robert Culp's facial expression and gulp when he hears his office clock chime...#priceless

Candidate for Crime: "...I dug this bullet out of that wall three hours before you said that somebody fired it at you three minutes ago..."

A Friend in Deed: Have to love Halperin falling into the trap of planting the stolen jewels into a place Columbo just signed a lease for. "Columbo Goes to College" borrowed their ending from this.

Try and Catch Me: "I Was Murdered by Abigail Mitchell"

Columbo Cries Wolf: "GOTCHA!"

Can't help but love Playback, especially since his wife was there to see it. Also gotta love Blueprint for Murder being actually caught with the body is perfect - especially after thinking he had humiliated Columbo and pulled one over on him.

Good call, Irene on Playback. I love when he keeps denying he doesn't recognize what is on the table when you can tell the more Columbo zooms in, the more he realizes the mistake he made. And his total meltdown when he tries to get Elizabeth to lie to Columbo on the fly...

It would have been even better if Robert Culp as Justin's father would have seen it. I guess that Culp was busy with another project and couldn't film the scene.

The ending would have been even better if Robert Culp's character could have been there to see his son arrested.