The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Steven Bochco (1943–2018)

Writer of Murder By the Book, what some consider the best Columbo episode, as well as first season Story Editor, has left us at 74.

Re: Steven Bochco (1943–2018)

Hill Street Blues. Still one of the best police dramas. Gritty and very realistic, also the first drama I recall where the staff are struggling pyschologically to cope with murders, rapes, drug, OD's etc... A standard formula now but Steve was well ahead of his time. RIP Steve and thanks for all your films and dramas.

Great stuff here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2wOnLS7lqc
And this quote: "Years and years ago I worked for a producer who taught me more about how not to behave than how to behave. One of the most valuable lessons I ever had. This individual said to me, 'You get **** on by the people above you, and you **** on the people below you.' I thought, 'Hah, there's a life lesson.'

"I figure if you turn that upside down, you're on to something. So what you try to do is never **** on the people below you and only **** on the people above you. That always seems to work."

Very sorry to hear this.