The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Findlay Crawford - Work it out With Gabriel; Walk Away a Millionaire and be Done

Columbo’s M.O. is to always be around the main suspect, study what the suspect is a master in, i.e. mind control, magic, country music or even wine. Then clues reveal themselves: Why did you not decant the wine yourself?, How did you know that you’d be changing the musical arrangement?, How did you know that you would need a new suit coat last week?, etc. (Can anybody name those episodes?).

I think Columbo was just trying to spend as much time with Findlay as he could. When Findlay wanted to go home and he wouldn’t let the Lieutenant drive him, Columbo came up with that ploy.

Re: Findlay Crawford - Work it out With Gabriel; Walk Away a Millionaire and be Done

Pete
Columbo’s M.O. is to always be around the main suspect, study what the suspect is a master in, i.e. mind control, magic, country music or even wine. Then clues reveal themselves: Why did you not decant the wine yourself?, How did you know that you’d be changing the musical arrangement?, How did you know that you would need a new suit coat last week?, etc. (Can anybody name those episodes?).

I think Columbo was just trying to spend as much time with Findlay as he could. When Findlay wanted to go home and he wouldn’t let the Lieutenant drive him, Columbo came up with that ploy.
Any Old Port In A Storm, Swan Song and Candidate For Crime.

I've often wondered how many murderers would have actually gone through with it in reality. I've always thought Crawford was one of the weakest ones.

In reality I reckon he would have retired, earning a fortune in royalties and conducting the occasional concert.

I suppose it may have looked odd Crawford retired relatively quickly after winning what I guess was his first and only Oscar but I'm sure he could explain that.

As for the car running out of fuel and winding Craford up scenes, can you honestly see Columbo letting a man clearly that drunk, drive his own car? Not the.best scenes in Columbo history.

I have to admit that scene was hilarious when they were going so slow that someone on a bike passed them!