The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Columbo Fun Test

7.) I think Mac’s name was Theodore Albinski
10.) Columbo asked for the recipe from Brimmer (again I can’t recall his first name).
12.) B E C C A. I think it was supposed to be a clue that got edited out for time reasons.

Pete
10.) Columbo asked for the recipe from Brimmer (again I can’t recall his first name).
12.) B E C C A. I think it was supposed to be a clue that got edited out for time reasons.
Nelson Brimmer.

Anywho.....

9. The T-33 Silverstar.

13. The Stallions.

Nelson Brenner is from Identity Crisis. From Death Lends A Hand, there’s a scene where Brimmer (Robert Culp) wants info from Columbo and Columbo keeps doing his forgetful act. He’s about to give Brimmer important information when he interrupts himself. I have to paraphrase:

Columbo: The important thing that I noticed is...Boy, this fish is terrific! So delicious.

An impatient Brimmer says “Yeah, whatever I’ll send you the recipe”.

Columbo: “Where was I? Oh yeah...so the killer had to have...Hey when you send the recipe, don’t send it to my office. Send it to the house so it doesn’t get lost”.

It’s funny because the killers always want to know what Columbo knows, and Columbo teases them by giving them a little hint, and then getting distracted. I think Columbo is curious to see how badly they want to know, etc.

Anyway, I googled Brimmer’s first name and according to IMDB it’s Investigator Brimmer. So we have two characters with no first name, lol.

Pete
Nelson Brenner is from Identity Crisis. From Death Lends A Hand, there’s a scene where Brimmer (Robert Culp) wants info from Columbo and Columbo keeps doing his forgetful act. He’s about to give Brimmer important information when he interrupts himself. I have to paraphrase:

Columbo: The important thing that I noticed is...Boy, this fish is terrific! So delicious.

An impatient Brimmer says “Yeah, whatever I’ll send you the recipe”.

Columbo: “Where was I? Oh yeah...so the killer had to have...Hey when you send the recipe, don’t send it to my office. Send it to the house so it doesn’t get lost”.

It’s funny because the killers always want to know what Columbo knows, and Columbo teases them by giving them a little hint, and then getting distracted. I think Columbo is curious to see how badly they want to know, etc.

Anyway, I googled Brimmer’s first name and according to IMDB it’s Investigator Brimmer. So we have two characters with no first name, lol.
I always get those two mixed up. My apologies.

Pete
That's interesting regarding Murder with too many notes because I always wondered why the massive set up at the end featuring the love notes. It was a case of 'so what?'.

I'd like to know what the clue was.

I think that an earlier post on this site had the writer of murder With Too Many Notes talking about what he intended, and what actually made it to screen. B-E-C-C-A are musical notes (as are G-A-B-E). I can only assume that the title gives a clue as to how Columbo solved the murder. Except it didn’t, lol.

Just visualize a Kay Freestone type executive ripping out pages that would have explained the mystery, leaving us with huge plot holes. Then she proudly says: “At least we’re back on schedule now boys. And they’ll never miss what they didn’t know”.

Of course, since the entire episode didn’t make sense, I guess we really do miss what we didn’t know, lol

I thought Becca was the girlfriend (short for Rebecca).

I vaguely recall the clue was that the notes from the award winning song spelled out becca, and the only way for that to be was if the victim wrote the song.

Perhaps some of the reruns leave that detail out.

quid_quo_pro
I thought Becca was the girlfriend (short for Rebecca).

I vaguely recall the clue was that the notes from the award winning song spelled out becca, and the only way for that to be was if the victim wrote the song.

Perhaps some of the reruns leave that detail out.
I have the DVD version and there is no explanation at the end. I mean, if you're going to cut a scene, why would they cut out the most important one? That would be a good episode if there was an ending of some sort.

" I mean, if you're going to cut a scene, why would they cut out the most important one?"

Good question. Why would anyone cut the scene in "Dagger of the Mind" where Columbo slyly implies shooting the pearl into the umbrella?

Don't know, but I've seen that episode rerun where they did exactly that.

1.) For what it’s worth, Tony Galper’s real name is Anthony Gienelli.

5.) Jordan Rowe (I had to cheat for both of these).

HERE'S THE ANSWERS AND U GUYS DID GREAT!!!!

1. Tony Galper OR Gianelli - either one
2. Uneasy Lies the Crown (Boy wasn't Corman a creep?)
3. Strange Bedfellows - while having lunch with Fortelli.
4. Oscar Finch
5. Father was Jordan Rowe
6. Now You See Him
7. Theodore Albinski
8. Bakersfield
9. The Teeee-Thirty-threeeee silver star
10. Brimmer
11. Kathleen Calvert
12. B-E-C-C-A This one generated some questions on the (?) clue.
13. Stallions