The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strong moments..

A Deadly State of Mind:

Dr. Mark Collier: Am I to presume that I'm currently your chief suspect?

Lt. Columbo: I'm not sure suspect is a strong enough word.

"My offer to you is this. Nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you put out personally."

Oh wait. That's Michael Corleone.

Columbo: That's very good. The magician did it.

For some reason that line cracks me up every time.

Sarcasm from"Columbo Likes The Nightlife"....At the end when the police officers are walking up to the suspects to arrest them.

"Good evening Mr. Price. Miss Farrow".

Make Me a Perfect Murder:

Columbo "But this gun...this is the one you shot him with.
May Freestone: "I see."
Columbo: "I'm sure you do, Mam."

Columbo blowing up at Dr. Mayfield:

"I believe (slamming an item down on the doctor's desk) ... you killed Sharon Martin and I believe you're trying to kill Dr. Heidelman"

Fred
Sarcasm from"Columbo Likes The Nightlife"....At the end when the police officers are walking up to the suspects to arrest them.

"Good evening Mr. Price. Miss Farrow".

Make Me a Perfect Murder:

Columbo "But this gun...this is the one you shot him with.
May Freestone: "I see."
Columbo: "I'm sure you do, Mam."

"I believe (slamming an item down on the doctor's desk) ... you killed Sharon Martin and I believe you're trying to kill Dr. Heidelman"

One of the best scenes ever in Columbo!! He takes a large coffee jug, picks it up as Dr Mayfield is laughing at him, and slams it down so hard - so out of character for Columbo - that everyone, actors and audience are stunned into silence. Perfect scene, perfect acting by both.

Another one from the 'Ransom':

Leslie: "Whoever it was killed my husband, for whatever reason, I want him found."
Lt.: "I was hoping you'd say that."

And of course her line at the end, "You're very lucky," followed by "No - you're very smart."

It's great how even at a moment like that, she's able to admit it.

One strong moment I've always liked is the end of the "Tommy" scene in PRESCRIPTION: MURDER - "I already asked him."