The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Blueprint for murder

You ask some tough questions (Bonus question: Who said: “So does a jury”?).

I figure that Markham had the idea for his revolutionary new City long ago. He recently drew up his plans over a few weeks while Bo was away. Bo always sponsored him, so Elliott assumed, incorrectly, that he could get the wife’s permission. Bo was obviously furious, but I don’t think Markham expected that reaction. “You really are a Philistine, aren’t you? All you care about is money. This is the most revolutionary idea I’ve ever had“. So I don’t think killing Bo was Plan A.

Perhaps Bo traveled for a couple of months and Markham had already started a project and just added Williamson City to it.

That’s the best I can come up with.

Pete

I figure that Markham had the idea for his revolutionary new City long ago. He recently drew up his plans over a few weeks while Bo was away. Bo always sponsored him, so Elliott assumed, incorrectly, that he could get the wife’s permission. Bo was obviously furious, but I don’t think Markham expected that reaction. “You really are a Philistine, aren’t you? All you care about is money. This is the most revolutionary idea I’ve ever had“. So I don’t think killing Bo was Plan A.

Perhaps Bo traveled for a couple of months and Markham had already started a project and just added Williamson City to it.

Dr. Barry Mayfield.

Pete

I don't think Bo always sponsored him. He designed a summer home (I think) for Bo and his wife and his wife became a big fan of Markham's work. He used the wife to get the wheels in motion and I guess hoped Bo would agree? Doesn't sound right.