The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Death Hits The Jackpot: Who Gets The Money in The End??

Columbo proved that Leon killed his nephew. However, is there any proof that Freddy won the lottery? I would think that if it can't be proven that Lamar didn't win the money, his wife would get it. Otherwise it goes back to the state.

Who gets the money in the end? Easy... all the lawyers

I think that in the trial it would come out that Freddy really bought the ticket and chose the numbers and that taking the ticket was the motive for his murder. Therefore, Freddy's estate would get whatever Leon hadn't spent. And, of course, Freddy's wife could not inherit because she was involved in his murder. Freddy's next of kin would inherit.

Leon's wife could challenge, but the money would probably be held in an escrow account until the issue was resolved. Since Leon was struggling for money before "his" lottery win, his wife would have trouble affording a good attorney for what is probably a lost cause anyway.

I always found Mrs. Lamar to be a bit of a snob. Even before Leon allegedly won the money. I wonder what she is thinking now that she will not see a dime of the cash and her hubby is off the jail probably for the rest of his life?

Well - at least they got in one millionaire party before it all went down.