The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Coincidence?

For what it’s worth, in Swan Song, Columbo notices that there is a different arrangement in the live recorded version of I Saw The Light compared to the earlier version. That’s because the murdered girl (I forget her name) was replaced by Tina. So it tips Columbo off that Tommy Brown knew before the plane crash that he would need to change the arrangement.

Pete
For what it’s worth, in Swan Song, Columbo notices that there is a different arrangement in the live recorded version of I Saw The Light compared to the earlier version. That’s because the murdered girl (I forget her name) was replaced by Tina. So it tips Columbo off that Tommy Brown knew before the plane crash that he would need to change the arrangement.
Mary Ann.

Music indirectly played a role in many episodes; Elliott Markham for instance also got convicted based somewhat on music.

(And of course the 10-minute stifling rendition of "Volare" during the murder on Troubled Waters).

I still don't think that Poupee Bocar / Rosanna Wells is a terrible singer. Even if I did, her wardrobe in that particular scene would make it all right.

Grant, I was not saying that she is a bad singer; just the length of the song during the murder was too long.

Yes, I often feel the same way about VERY drawn-out songs, even some "iconic" Ones.