The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Bye Bye Sky High I.Q. Murder Case: Squibs

I understand now.

As I said,its been a while since I've watched that one. I never realised there were only two clamps.

Also, for a genius, there are a couple of other flaws in his plan. The unnecessarily obvious line across the book to mark the balance point for example. Also the firing sequence being bang bang fall and the covering sound sequence being bang fall bang. Given how elaborate the set up you would have thought every angle would have been covered.

Yes, I agree. There would need to be another wire attached to the stylus in order for the squibs to activate. Also, given how elaborate the set-up was, I don't understand how he was able to simply reel the wires back in without disturbing anything. Also, he forgot to shut the window at some point in order to prevent the door in the back of the room from closing whenever someone opened the door from the main hallway.

Yeah, Michael, a unique part of that Bye Bye plot with the other Mensa members was that each one of them offered-up a truthful tidbit to the case that, while framed as insanely goofy or dumb ideas, was actually correct. Even the dude who invokes "up the chimney" wasn't off base either.