The Lt. Columbo Forum

An area where fans from all over can ask each other questions and voice their own ideas and opinions on anything Columbo.

This Forum is fondly dedicated in memory of  "cassavetes45"  (Carleen Zink),
Columbo's greatest fan and a great friend to us all.
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
The Lt. Columbo Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Best Murderer Reactions to Getting Caught

Bart Kepple's aghast realization that his own method of the subliminal cut was his undoing, followed by that deranged and sinister snicker in defeat.

Suitable for Framing...i love the way the arrogant, cocky murderer is left speechless; lip quivering and all!

Dale Kingston in Suitable For Framing for the win. I think one of the things that makes this episode stand out is that Dale is caught red-handed and humiliated in front of his aunt Edna whom he tried to frame for the murder. Dale's reaction is priceless. I also really enjoyed Candidate For Crime. All Nelson Hayward can do is stand there with that "I'm finished" expression upon his face while Columbo exposes him. Harold's tantrum reaction in Playback, realizing that his security system was his undoing (I guess it really did work after all).

That has got to one of the best!. And Ross Martin played such an arrogent and hateful character. It was a great joy to see him reduced to a stuttering buffoon at the end.
This was another double burder where thexsecond murder goes unprosocuted [at least on camera]